Our Rental Criteria
There is a $35 application for all applicants. All adults over 18 must submit their own application.
Please read this document before submitting an application.
No previous evictions or Unlawful Detainer unless you have verifiable documentation of landlord fault. However, eviction due to property damage, unpaid rent, drug use, or any criminal activity by the resident will not be accepted under any circumstance regardless of the explanation.
No history of any damage to a residence, unit, or an outstanding balance due to a previous landlord or Management Company. If you do not have a prior rental history then you may be asked to provide a qualified co-signer. A co-signer must fill out an application under the same guidelines as the primary applicant
Our income requirement is a minimum of two and one-half times of the rent charged on the residence or unit. Employment and income must be verifiable by property Blakely Property Management. Self-employed applicants may be asked to provide tax returns and/or bank statements to verify income.
Criminal Background Check:
Applicants may be denied due to criminal history as outlined on our application guidelines.
Credit history should show that the applicant has paid their bills on time and does not have a history of charge-offs, write-offs, or collection accounts. Any outstanding money owed to a previous landlord or a utility company is cause for application denial. Applications may also be rejected due to unsatisfactory credit history.
Rental Application Criminal Background Criteria
Permanent Disqualification From Residency:
- First or Second Degree Murder
- First through Third Degree Assault
- First through Fourth Degree Criminal Sexual Conduct
- Endangerment to a Child
- Harassment and/or Stalking
- Any Attempt to commit one of the above crimes
- A Conviction in another jurisdiction that would be a violation of the above crimes
- Any crime that would require the applicant to register as a sex offender
Crimes Disqualifying Applicants For 5 Years After the Completion of Sentencing:
- Third Degree Murder
- Second Degree or Involuntary Manslaughter
- Criminal Vehicular Homicide or Injury
- Simple or Aggravated Robbery
- Any Felony Drug or Narcotics Convictions
- False Imprisonment
- Carrying a weapon without a permit or any other weapons charge
- Felony Theft
- Felony Forgery
- Felony Burglary
- Terrorist Threats
- Felony Controlled Substance (of any form)
- An attempt to commit one or any of the above crimes
- A Conviction in any jurisdiction of the above crimes
Dog Breed Specific Policies
The following breeds are considered Unacceptable:
- Alaskan Malamutes
- Bullmastiff or Mastiff
- Pit Bull
- Siberian Husky
- Staffordshire terrier
- Wolf Dog or Wolf Hybrid
- Bull Terrier or Pit Bull Terrier
- German Shepard
- Any combination or a mix of these breeds
Service or companion animals that assist tenants with special needs will always be accepted, and proper documentation is required. A pet deposit will not be charged for a service or companion animal. (Documentation will be required)
Animal sitting or caretaking of any other person or person’s animal(s) or pets is strictly prohibited.